Mass Effect 3

Talk about games past, present and future.

Mass Effect 3

Postby vonSlash » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Does anyone here play the multiplayer, and if so, thoughts?
Image

:cool:
User avatar
vonSlash
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:57 am
Guildcard 1: 22809556
Guildcard 2: 0
Guildcard 3: 0
Guildcard 4: 0

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby XII » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:38 am

Multiplayer still has all the bugs from the demo, but it doesn't skimp on the fun factor.
The characters are dead, Mr.Laeddis!! They died ten years ago!!

Image

Z00 wrote: I just got out of jail for putting 3 kids at the gamestore in wheelchairs after they said that OOT sucks
User avatar
XII
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: 50,000 billion leagues under the sea.
Guildcard 1: 22599564
Guildcard 2: 22636217
Guildcard 3: 28675309
Guildcard 4: 12

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby faydee » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Multiplayer 5/5.
Single player(includes the end of the ME trilogy) 3/5. I rarely saw such a disappointing ending on a videogame or movie. No single decision you made in me1+2 changes any of the 3 endings. But who knows, maybe another 10$ dlc gets us a better ending. :glare:
User avatar
faydee
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 am
Guildcard 1: 22786971
Guildcard 2: 0
Guildcard 3: 0
Guildcard 4: 0

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby vonSlash » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:31 pm

XII wrote:Multiplayer still has all the bugs from the demo, but it doesn't skimp on the fun factor.


Agreed.

faydee wrote:Multiplayer 5/5.
Single player(includes the end of the ME trilogy) 3/5. I rarely saw such a disappointing ending on a videogame or movie. No single decision you made in me1+2 changes any of the 3 endings. But who knows, maybe another 10$ dlc gets us a better ending. :glare:


Also agreed.
Image

:cool:
User avatar
vonSlash
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:57 am
Guildcard 1: 22809556
Guildcard 2: 0
Guildcard 3: 0
Guildcard 4: 0

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby StarFirè » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Been thinking about playing some multiplayer, is Infiltrator good in MP?
Spoiler: show
Last Bioware game I'll ever get. Good job, Bioware.
<3
User avatar
StarFirè
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: GMT+1
Guildcard 1: 22157488
Guildcard 2: 22626783
Guildcard 3: 22628321
Guildcard 4: 0

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby XII » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Infiltrator performs its roles very well, if you're curious.

  • Medic Infiltrators are effective. Tactical Cloak helps them get to their dying party members quickly and efficiently.
  • Tactical Cloak also makes them ideal for enabling/disabling devices on the Four Device objective. This particular objective can be infuriating, at times.
  • Sticky Grenades, when maxed, tear down Armoured enemies. Geth Primes, Atlases and Banshees stand little chance once they're exposed.
  • Salarian Infiltrator gets Proximity Mines instead, but they're especially good for hit-and-run using the Tactical Cloak.
  • Human Infiltrators can utilize Cryo Blast to freeze targets without Shields, Barriers and Armour, making headshots even easier.
  • Quarian Infiltrator's Sabotage completely ruins the Geth faction, and can be used to turn a Turret from a problem into an advantage.

They're everything you'd expect from them, really. If you want to play one, you can't go wrong with any of them.
The characters are dead, Mr.Laeddis!! They died ten years ago!!

Image

Z00 wrote: I just got out of jail for putting 3 kids at the gamestore in wheelchairs after they said that OOT sucks
User avatar
XII
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: 50,000 billion leagues under the sea.
Guildcard 1: 22599564
Guildcard 2: 22636217
Guildcard 3: 28675309
Guildcard 4: 12

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby Crono114 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:12 am

ME3 is a great game. While I haven't finished 1P, it seems pretty intricate. I have mainly played multiplayer and it does seem really fun. If anyone is up to play on XBOX, let me know.
Crono114
Site Admin
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:27 pm
Guildcard 1: 0
Guildcard 2: 0
Guildcard 3: 0
Guildcard 4: 0

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby faydee » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Bioware was totally indoctrinated by EA.
Latest rumors say there will be a free dlc, bringing an extra mission after the 'ending' which will close the huge plot holes, 8 new classes for mp, 2 new kinds of enemies, 1 new map and you will be able to get the dlc and CE weapons in the multiplayer.
I doubt it. If this leak (from 4chan :glare: ) was real, it will cost another 10$+.


Some websites for disappointed me3 players:

Donate for a good purpose. Already 55k$ got donated for supporting children hospitals all around the globe. (instead of buying dlcs)
http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/reta ... hilds-play

A poll about the me3 ending. Tell the devs how you liked it.
http://social.bioware.com/633606/polls/28989

The official me3 ~devs are listening topic.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/9992961




Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
faydee
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 am
Guildcard 1: 22786971
Guildcard 2: 0
Guildcard 3: 0
Guildcard 4: 0

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby Boxy Brown » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:31 am

Everything about the game was good outside of the ending. Disappointing way to finish a great series. I was so hyped to play through all three games again to see the impact my choices could have, but now I've lost the drive to go through it again and opted out to play The Void instead.
Boxy Brown wrote:
Crono114 wrote:what's the point in blocking the real legit users.. and only letting in the hacking ones?

>antihack.dll
Oh the irony. :wub:
User avatar
Boxy Brown
 
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm
Guildcard 1: 22685824
Guildcard 2: 0
Guildcard 3: 0
Guildcard 4: 0

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby Siku » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 pm

I enjoy the multiplayer greatly, although I see it getting old quick unless they release new maps or something. Only motivation at the moment is promoting your maxed character for N7 rating (bootleg prestige lol), and getting credits to upgrade your gear. Once i get good enough gear and do all the missions on gold I can see myself barely touching it afterwords.

As for the single player, I really loved the game up until I realized that the choices in this game were really pointless imo. Very minor fan services were done from imports. At least ME2 actually had major consequences at the suicide mission. This one, nothing.
Spoiler: show
I even maxed out to almost 7k military power with 100% readiness and there is no significant or minor change at the ending battle at all. All for nothing. IMO, there is only one "TRUE" ending, it's pretty clear. The only one that actually shows the crew exiting the crashed Normandy, and the only obvious "good" choice. The other two ending just seem non-canon to me, and just carelessly thrown in.


As stated by others, I do believe things would have been different for the series had bioware not become a part of EA. Then again, who knows if we would have had a Trilogy at all if otherwise. Either way, this seems like an obvious EA tactic to increase DLC sales. You think this ending is bad, go play Final Fantasy XIII-2. Doesn't get any worse than that recently lol.
Image
Image
User avatar
Siku
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:58 pm
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby XII » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Siku wrote:
Spoiler: show
IMO, there is only one "TRUE" ending, it's pretty clear. The only one that actually shows the crew exiting the crashed Normandy, and the only obvious "good" choice. The other two ending just seem non-canon to me, and just carelessly thrown in.



Spoiler: show
All three endings result in the Mass Relays being destroyed, and the Normandy being stranded on some alien world. The only differences in the endings were the colour of the explosion, and a few insignificant details, such as the reapers collapsing if you chose Destruction, or Joker having weird green eyes if you chose Synthesis. I don't even consider the "Shepard is still alive" ending to be unique, because it was in a cutscene separate from the rest of the ending.

All three were the same. Choose your colour palette.
The characters are dead, Mr.Laeddis!! They died ten years ago!!

Image

Z00 wrote: I just got out of jail for putting 3 kids at the gamestore in wheelchairs after they said that OOT sucks
User avatar
XII
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: 50,000 billion leagues under the sea.
Guildcard 1: 22599564
Guildcard 2: 22636217
Guildcard 3: 28675309
Guildcard 4: 12

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby vonSlash » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:22 am

XII wrote:
Siku wrote:
Spoiler: show
IMO, there is only one "TRUE" ending, it's pretty clear. The only one that actually shows the crew exiting the crashed Normandy, and the only obvious "good" choice. The other two ending just seem non-canon to me, and just carelessly thrown in.



Spoiler: show
All three endings result in the Mass Relays being destroyed, and the Normandy being stranded on some alien world. The only differences in the endings were the colour of the explosion, and a few insignificant details, such as the reapers collapsing if you chose Destruction, or Joker having weird green eyes if you chose Synthesis. I don't even consider the "Shepard is still alive" ending to be unique, because it was in a cutscene separate from the rest of the ending.

All three were the same. Choose your colour palette.


I am partial to this (non-canonical) interpretation of the endings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

They actually almost make sense this way.
Image

:cool:
User avatar
vonSlash
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:57 am
Guildcard 1: 22809556
Guildcard 2: 0
Guildcard 3: 0
Guildcard 4: 0

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby cameron- » Tue May 01, 2012 5:16 pm

this game is soooo bad

wrote up a long post but my impressions:

-combat is dumbed down from ME2 (i do appreciate that the introduction of soft cover)-- enemies are totally forgettable compared to ME2. about a third of the way through my first playthrough on hard the game turned into black widow pixel hunt and never stopped.
-lots of tedium and odium (unskippable dialogue sequences, scanning universes, anything that happens in the citadel)
-the ending sucks but not because of any plot/story elements, the ending sucks in strictly formal terms. from the last grind mission (defend these things while killing the same shit you've been killing the whole game) to the scene where you're assaulting the beam (which you have to actively try to fail-- so in some sense you are not playing the game at all) to crawling around the citadel's annals with your unlimited ammo pistol


the series continues to shamelessly steal gears of war mechanics, at a consistently low standard of quality


ME2 was such a giant step up from 1, 3 feels like if anything a step back in most aspects. of course i have only myself to blame-- finna eat dogshit and complain about the flavor
User avatar
cameron-
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: nyc


Return to Gaming



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users