Looking to join Schtserv! Few questions!

Hey!

I grew up with Phantasy star Online, but I totally made the mistake of trading in my old PSO Plus to blockbuster as a wee lad(what a wasteeee haha). But yeah I'm currently trying to track down a copy of PSO to play on my modded Wii. (Maybe someday on a gamecube! But those adapters are like $100+ CAD).

Anywho, yeah I love the idea of being able to just like turn on my Wii and jump into online servers for PSO. I can't believe you can do that! So cool! In an ideal world, I mean hey I'd even get two copies so my brother/friends and I could play online together in the same room! That's future thinking though. Anyway, I'm going to get to my questions now...

1. Does having a copy of PSO Plus put you in a separate server or can PSO plus/regular PSO players play together?

2. There are multiple servers, does only one have Gamecube access? Terraluna I think?

3. I saw that a major bug in the old copy of PSO(not plus) was that you lose savefiles when joining other players. Is this bugged fixed in Schtserv or no?

4. Andd does anyone have a spare copy of PSO(not plus) for Gamecube they'd be willing to sell/ship to Canada? I can provide you with an e transfer in advance! Most of the copies on ebay have their prices pretty hiked up, around $100 just for PSO(not plus). I figured maybe someone here might be able to offer a copy at a more reasonable price.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to playing with you all someday!

Dylan

Hello, Pso non plus and plus are essentially the same games, so yes they can be played together.

TerraLuna is the Gamecube ship on Schthack. The other ships you see are not separate servers. (Yes theres other servers out there)

The bug you speak of is something completely different. That happens when you quit your game improperly while playing online. You can however patch this out. Go to Gc.schtserv.info  and you'll see some patches there. As well as the server sided drop rates.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/5099-bran-flakes/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5099" href="<___base_url___>/profile/5099-bran-flakes/">@Bran Flakes</a> I recommend you join the GC discord server to see if there are any players nearby you that can let you rip their disc so you can verify the game in Decolution. There is a link to the discord in Gc.schtserv.info 

I don't know if the NTSC Freeloader can run PAL games, but PAL copies of PSO are a lot cheaper than the $100 you're mentioning for the game over there.  PAL PSO is sort of mid-way between normal PSO and plus (It has a few of the bugfixes (Belras and presents work as they do in plus, but saving and item duplication works as it does on normal PSO - added to the fact that the network behaviour is the same as non-plus)

As Kayak said, I'd recommend going on the PSO Gamecube discord server - there's always someone there willing to help people out.