Running PSO on Dolphin

While performance could be an issue for some people, the way they have it set up is important. I currently require:

latest Dolphin with BBA enabled

a VPN bridged with my physical connection

another PC running MrDNS

PSO set to look at that PC's IP

Assuming someone's PC has the power to emulate without any hiccups or frame drops, their connection should be stable. It is worth noting, the PSO+ version I was running was my own copy I ripped years ago.

I can't seem to get my Viper GC usb connector to work with Windows 10 at the moment, so I can't rip my Ep3 disc quite yet. Both ISO's I've found out in the wild hang in the same place on connecting, so I'm hoping I can figure it out. (Ep3 is my main focus here; I have interest from local friends without the hardware to play/test the game soon)

Running PSO on Dolphin

For running the emulator and your DNS on the same PC,

im assuming you configured PSO to connect to that LAN IP yes?

but that didnt work.

What you can try is setting it so PSO connects to your localhost (127.0.0.1) which

is basically this machine.

Its how I got PSO emulators and such to connect to external programs like servers,

all running on the same PC.

As for everything else, I got nothing.

Running PSO on Dolphin

Unfortunately trying 127.0.0.1 didn't help, MrDNS couldn't see any attempted connection. Nice idea though

I did get Ep3 working however

[img]<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=[/img]

Turns out you need to wait literally forever at the Scht splash screen before pressing any buttons for the ship list to appear. Like, a full 5 minutes at least, and even then it's finicky. Once (if) you get in, it works just fine

Running PSO on Dolphin

Unfortunately trying 127.0.0.1 didn't help, MrDNS couldn't see any attempted connection. Nice idea though
Now that I think about it, I never used MR/DR DNS in those situations, I either used

proxy or had a server up.

Dunno if either DNS program works with localhost.

Besides if you used a proxy for connection both are moot so that might work,

assuming its configured right(because it always worked for me)

Too bad I dont have net, offline ep3 is the best I have