Ep3 ISO Custom Project

EDIT: My terrible guide on how to edit the game: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2052591687

I set out today to modify my Episode 3 ISO to remove all those glaring typos, innacuracies, and just plain missing/wrong abilities on cards.

I fixed everything that I remembered about, and anything listed on a 12+ year old topic over on PSOW. I also took the liberty of making the single/multi target line actually spell themselves out, instead of them reading "sing" or "mult". Here's a screenshot of Blade Dance with it's correct ability, Steady Damage, instead of the Insanity it never had,

[img]<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=[/img]

Here's a much better worded version of Flatland, instead of the trash Sega put there,

[img]<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=[/img]

And one of me in a game on Oberon looking at Heaven Punisher, which is now correctly labeled as a Gun and not a Sword.

If you would like to enjoy this as well, you'll need to replace the TextCardE.bin in your ISO with mine. Gamecube Rebuilder can do that for you.

Download Gamecube Rebuilder here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/619/

Download my TextCardE.bin here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uz2qnmfpwzze1 ... E.bin?dl=0
Last edited by Eyce on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ep3 ISO Custom Project

I can now change the card data tables entirely, to alter the stats and abilities of cards. Here's a picture of Cross Scar with altered stats (altered to match Sega's final Card revo, which Scht online doesn't have)

It will take me a while, but I'll be able to bring the offline game up to date with all of Sega's Card revisions [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

Ep3 ISO Custom Project

Just to put this out there, I did finish implimenting the Card Revos, and they work fine.

My next goal is to enable the game's unobtainable cards to be used. I have made some progress on that; I've enabled them to drop in packs. However, you still can't see them on the deck edit screens. I haven't even identified the file responsible for the in-game numbering and sorting of cards yet, which bugs me.

I am also looking into the game's maps, and can possibly unlock extra maps for Free Mode, and add quests beyond Scandal 1/2/3. This seems likely at the moment.

Ep3 ISO Custom Project

Why did u change the background/sky? Just to make it a bit different to the original or for performance reasons? Anyway I realy like that change. Sadly, since I prefer to use my GC version, I won't have these changes [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

Ep3 ISO Custom Project

The changes were purely aesthetic to give the players a feeling of an update or sequel. The changes can only be applied on GC with a modded disc dive if I remember correctly. Getting Plus working on GC will be the hardest of the platforms with PC being the easiest & Wii following behind PC.