Telepipe: a new PSOGC proxy for Dolphin

Thank you, I appreciate the above advice but the box does indeed open when I click on it *after* the DNS server dialog comes up. Then, when the Telepipe.exe file opens, it remains a blank black box. I get taken to the lobby screen where no text messages greet me. At best, if I'm lucky, I'll get the occasional message from Telepipe that says "the host did not respond in time. Failed." Otherwise, PSO just sits on the empty lobby screen for all eternity.
Last edited by nestorcollazo on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okay thank you for that advice. In that case before I ask any other questions, how on earth do I open that TOML file? my tablet apparently has no programs that read it. Also sorry one last question, what values am I changing exactly? the first value in the TOML, I understand that much. the first changeable one from that image of the .TOML you posted. that much I get.

but which ones in the "Vtag properties"? which ones in the PSO game itself if any?
Last edited by nestorcollazo on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

It is a plain text file. Notepad, Sublime Text, and Atom can all open it. There are instructions in the file itself for what you need to change, but the key to change the remote server is server_addr.

thank you very much, and sorry to be a bother but, I just wanna make sure, that value is the only one I have to change? the PSO Network Option values are all the exact same? and the VPN "properties" that I changed on my computer would be the exact same? I am clueless. I'm sure some of these numbers are related to each other and that if I change one I have to change others, but I genuinely do not know which ones I would have to change.

if the TOML file's "server_addr" is indeed all I have to change then I apologize for this post
Last edited by nestorcollazo on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It depends on how your computer is configured. If you don't have any other fancy networking configuration (VPNs, multiple network adapters, etc), the example I provided should work fine without any other changes to the TOML configuration.

You may have issues loading web pages in Windows while the proxy is active, mainly because the DNS "server" in the proxy isn't a very good one yet.

Hey, I'm sorry one last question, I redid everything as you said and am now receiving a message that reads "wrong serial or access number". any idea why?

I own a copy of PSO but it doesn't have ant serial number or access keys so I made one up when I registered for "My Hunters License" on the Schthack site. I read in a few places that it is acceptable to do so, maybe I am wrong.
Last edited by nestorcollazo on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

You need to register your serial number and access key with schtserv.

Hey thank you, so I just checked under "Options" in PSO and apparently it registered a completely different Serial number, because it shows a different number when I click on "Serial Number/Access Key/Password." But, strangely, it *did* successfully accept the Access Key I made up. But this new random serial number is not the Serial number I registered on Schthack. Do I have to create another account with them now? My head is exploding !