Telepipe: a new PSOGC proxy for Dolphin

This is not working for me on windows 10 iv kept config the same apart from updating to the new dns server listed on the forum and on the main page. Program just opens a command window and closes it strait away. yes im waiting for the game to say connecting to DNS...

When i run the program from cmd it gives me this error

thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 10049, message: "The requested address is not valid in its context." } }', ../src/libcore\result.rs:788

note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.

im too tierd to get my head round the src at the moment but looks like it may be an OS problem???

any help fixing this problem will be very greatful

thx in advance

J

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/2336-jordunkelly/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2336" href="<___base_url___>/profile/2336-jordunkelly/">@Jordunkelly</a> <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/2334-as4rox/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2334" href="<___base_url___>/profile/2334-as4rox/">@as4rox</a> That error means the host's TAP adapter is not initialized. In the instructions,

On 7/9/2016 at 9:07 PM, Eidolon said:

Next is a little bit confusing. Dolphin needs to initialize the connection on the TAP adapter before you can run telepipe.exe. Go Online and wait until the Connecting to DNS Server dialog comes up, then start telepipe.exe. PSO should connect and be playable from here. If you reconnect the game while using the same Dolphin process, you should not need to wait until this screen to connect anymore, as the adapter has already been initialized.

You have to wait until the Connecting to DNS Server dialog comes up. Dolphin doesn't initialize the virtual TAP until that point. It will remain initialized until Dolphin closes.

1 hour ago, Jordunkelly said:

Yep. I've tried it 25 times. Waiting perfectly until the text "Connection to DNS Server..." Comes up. I am kinda losing hope, meh. Thank you though.

Are you sure you have installed and setup your Virtual TAP adapter, including its local IP address in the device properties in Windows, and modified your telepipe.toml's bind_addr to match that?

I have published 1.1.1, which introduces a better error message whenever socket binding fails. Additionally, tagged releases in Git will automatically deploy Windows builds and draft a release on GitHub, so future releases will be a bit easier for me.

2 hours ago, Joshua Alves said:

ok i have a question i have my wifi piggybacked through a wireless adapter cause my pc/desktop dosent have an ethernet connection but i do have a router connected in the house to my wifi adapter would this process go well with this

Yes, the idea behind this proxy was to work with any network interface, whereas the existing tunneling method only works for Ethernet connections.

It takes more configuration, though. Any GC proxy in principle will work as long as it's configured similarly and running on the same machine.