About DNS for PSO Game Cube

Sadly my router doesn't allow incoming connections (which is what stopped me hosting a server during the downtime), but a temporary fix which should work for everyone with a windows PC is to run this program on their system and - in their Gamecube's settings set the primary DNS to their PC's IP address. The redirect is already set up for the current server main IP address and works for me.

For those unsure how to get their PC's IP address, bring up the command line (Start menu > Run, type "CMD" then press enter) and type in "ipconfig" - you'll have the PC's IP address onscreen.

I would hate to be "that" guy but I am happy to offer my server as a spare ofc, but would appreciate compensation [non monetary ofc ]. Cause as I'm sure they know server costs can be pricey and this is a personal box. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20"> Just let me know. Would love to help the community I've been a part of for so long.

Sadly my router doesn't allow incoming connections (which is what stopped me hosting a server during the downtime), but a temporary fix which should work for everyone with a windows PC is to run this program on their system and - in their Gamecube's settings set the primary DNS to their PC's IP address. The redirect is already set up for the current server main IP address and works for me.For those unsure how to get their PC's IP address, bring up the command line (Start menu > Run, type "CMD" then press enter) and type in "ipconfig" - you'll have the PC's IP address onscreen.
Works perfectly! Thank you so much for getting me back online!

Well My offer is Still on the table. As for compensation i mean purely in game items or moneys ( I have lost my player data twice ) Due to no backups. I think in game compensation would be fair to some degree since it again is still a private server I pay for and I would still have to spend an hour of my time setting up. Not to mention if I did this i would have to limit what i do on my own server afterwards. which is not an issue just reasons why i ask for ingame compensation. I totally understand your reasons too though. you have a large community someone is bound to get you what you need.