New to Schtserv, long time player, struggling to get online. I need help!

I am new to this server and way to play PSO. I have been playing PSO since the Dreamcast days and played all the way through the series up until PSO2 (which I haven't really gotten into). I learned of this community through softmoding my WiiU. As I am new to doing that I am learning things that can be done and wondered if playing GC online was possible. I did some online research and found out that it can be done and that this community exists and was waiting! Me, my wife, and all 4 kids are fans of PSO and would love to play, but I can't find a connection guide to rectify issues. I own the GC PSO Ep 1 &2 and GC, but no broadband adapter. Only way I can play online is through the WiiU. I can load the game and play, create a character, even put in network settings, but as soon as I try to connect to the internet the game and system freeze. I am currently able to get this far using the Nintendont homebrew app on the virtual Wii side. I can't find much online to help, I've reached out to the WiiUhacks reddit page for help to no avail. My hope is there are members on this server that use a softmodded WiiU to play PSO that may be able to help get us online. I will keep spending nights doing research to get there, but it would be great if someone that has already gotten there could lend a hand.