Error 102 Can't connect

I am honestly at my wit's end with trying to play PSO online on Dolphin, I have set the DNS IP to the Schthack IP, I have put in the correct Serial Number and Access Key that I have registered on the website for my HL but still no matter what I do I keep getting the Error 102 when I try to connect online. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help me? I have tried on Dolphin for PC and Xbox with both having the same results.

Re: Error 102 Can't connect

For anyone following this thread. I can confirm that setting Dolphin’s DNS to the following ip: 3.18.217.27 has worked for me. On the other hand if your particular internet service provider has their own DNS it will override the DNS you have set. The way I went around that for myself is connecting my device to my iPhone’s hotspot and that fixed that issue.

Unfortunately, you can do everything right and still not be able to connect, as modern DNSSEC sees the DNS redirection that private servers do as a malicious man-in-the-middle DNS attack. As DNSSEC rolls out more, chances are changing the DNS server will work for nobody as ISP routing will always override by using an authoritative DNS server.

If you set everything up right and still get Error 102 immediately (if you hang on the "Connecting to DNS server" screen, you need to check your set up), you can get around this by using an Action Replay code to change the server that PSO requests.

https://ragol.org/schtserv

Above is a full list of AR codes for SCHTServ for all versions of the GameCube game. They should always work providing SCHTServ doesn't change its DNS server address.

Set your DNS and IP in-game to automatic, set it in Dolphin's settings to 8.8.8.8 if using Dolphin, and use an AR code above as for your version, and you will be able to connect.

I am having the same problem with receiving the error code 102. I have tried everything to get the code to go away. I created a new account on Schtserv and hunters license, that didn't work. I deleted all my data off of my memory card (RIP days of my life) and started fresh and still received the error 102. I have cycled trough changing the IP address to the current 3.18.217.27 so many times I have in memorized. My friend and I walked through it together and his GameCube connected and mine wouldn't. The only difference that we noticed was that after up dating the IP address and saving the IP address, where it says Purchase a Hunter's License, when I click on it my GameCube say "The requested URL could not be retrieved". If you have any advice, please send it my way. And now it currently won't save my serial number, access key and password after I try to connect.
Last edited by DoucheWhomper on Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.